Wednesday 24 October 2012

Azuma Cafe & Patisserie - Sydney - Sydney, Australia

Azuma Cafe & Patisserie

Azuma Cafe is located in Regent Place and serves a range of beautiful Japanese desserts such as creme brulees, tarts, macarons, cheesecakes and roll cakes. But they are well known for their green tea yoghurt and chiffon cakes.

I'm a frequent customer of this store and usually take away the desserts. The flavour is well balanced and there is less sugar compared to Italian sweets. The sign outside draws my attention every time I walk past which advertises the 'Chiffon Cake Set ($8.90')' which includes a chiffon slice and a drink from their selection.


Today, I'm able to get the set as we're eating in. I choose the 'Matcha Latte' which means Green Tea Latte and the 'Vanilla Chiffon' slice with cream for an extra 50 cents.

The 'Matcha Latte' is for me a bit overpowering. The green tea is definitely not subtle and I struggle to finish the drink as I'm not a big fan of strong green tea. However, the drink is smooth and creamy.


The chiffon with specks of vanilla bean was airy and light. It went well with the cream. My other favourite flavour would be the black sesame.

A great place to catch up with friends over some desserts.

Where?
Regent Place
580 George Street
Sydney NSW 2000
Australia

Phone no: 02 9267 7701

Opening Hours
Monday to Thursday 12pm to 10pm
Friday and Saturday 12pm to 10.30pm
Sunday 12pm to 9pm

Website
www.azuma.com.au

Azuma Patisserie on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment