Thursday 21 February 2013

Ms G's - Potts Point - Sydney, Australia

Ms G's Lunar Feast


Having been to Ms G's before and thoroughly enjoying the food and experience, cousin W found a promotion that was running during February at Ms G's. It was a 8 course meal for $50.00 including a slushy.



I booked two weeks ahead of our lunch and the earliest available slot was at 2:00pm. Pretty late for lunch but ey, no option really cause it opened at 1:00pm. It was pretty packed by the time we were seated.



We sat on the top floor with a nice view out to the road. The opposite side of the building has views out to the harbour.


The 'Green Tea Slushie' was an alcoholic drink with a strong hint of vodka perhaps with a hint of cinnamon and mint? We were all hit by its alcoholic content and couldn't stop yawning by the end of the lunch.


The 'Prawn Toast' was my absolute favourite. It's a modern twist on the traditional way it is made but way more tasty and the slashing of mayo on top just made it more delectable.


The pickles were just pickles. Nothing great about it.


This was another one of my favourites. The spring roll was crunchy, tasty and not oily. Wrapped together with the cup of lettuce and mint and a dollop of thick vietnamese fish sauce made it an unforgettable dish.


The 'Salt and Pepper Chicken Chops' still had the bone to it but that's how I like my chicken. I don't know how they cook it but it was one of the best fried chicken I've every had.


The 'Steamed Shallot and Ginger Fish' was divine. The fish was cooked to perfection and the accompanying soya sauce was so good we kept drizzling it onto our rice.


Pork Belly Pancakes. I'm didn't really like this much as I'm not a big fan of pork belly with hoisin sauce. I much prefer traditional BBQ roast pork. The others thoroughly enjoyed it though.


'Baby Bok Choy' in a delicious sauce. It was eaten with the steamed rice.


Everything on the menu was so delicious except for the 'Buddha's Delight 2.0' which was basically a vegetable salad with a weird algae taste to it. That was barely touched by anyone.


Then came dessert. The coconut sorbet was refreshing and went well with the other elements. I found the passionfruit fizz to be a bit sour for me but then again I like everything sweet.

Overall, a great catch up location for great food. If it's on again, I'll definitely be going.

Where?
155 Victoria St
Potts Point NSW 2011
Australia

Phone no: 02 8313 1000

Opening Hours
Lunch
Friday 12pm - 3pm
Sunday 1pm - 5pm

Dinner
Monday to Saturday 5pm – 11pm
Sunday 5pm - 9pm
Bar opens until late


Website
http://merivale.com.au/

Ms.G's on Urbanspoon
 

No comments:

Post a Comment